The Wake County school system filled one of its top leadership positions this week by promoting Lloyd Gardner to be the new chief of staff.
Gardner will be paid a salary of $167,500 for a job that includes coordinating the district's departments and overseeing strategic planning. Gardner has been an area superintendent since 2005. He previously was principal of Enloe High School in Raleigh.
Gardner replaces Marvin Connelly, who left to become superintendent of Cumberland County schools.
Also this week:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
▪ Marlo Gaddis' contract as interim chief technology officer was extended to Aug. 31;
▪ Kathy Chontos' contract as interim assistant superintendent for student support services was extended to Aug. 31;
▪ John Williams was named interim principal of Apex High School from July 1 to Sept. 28;
▪ Darryl Fisher was named interim principal of Morrisville Elementary School to June 30.
▪ The Chapel Hill-Carrboro school system hired Kenneth Prouix, the principal of Holly Grove Middle School in Holly Springs, to be the new principal of East Chapel Hill High School.