Welcome to the new home for the Wake Ed blog, which has been providing news about K-12 education issues in Wake County since 2006.
First things first, our new address is newsobserver.com/wakeed. So please reset your bookmarks.
The blog’s former home at blogs.newsobserver.com/wakeed will keep standing as the source for Wake Ed archives. So visit the link for posts prior to Oct. 17, 2013.
Here are some tips on using the new Wake Ed interface:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
• This blog is best viewed in Google Chrome or a Safari browser. Some Firefox users may experience formatting issues.
• To read the entire post, you will need to click “Read More...” On the blog’s main page, the first three paragraphs of the most recent post will show but only the first paragraph of older posts is visible.
• To get back to the main page, you can no longer click the Wake Ed logo at the top. Instead, click the text underneath that reads “Wake Ed blog.”
• The new Wake Ed no longer displays the key word tags atop a post. These are now embedded in the system. So to find all Wake Ed blog posts about Superintendent Jim Merrill, for instance, use the search box at the top right of the page. Tip: use quotes to search phrases. For example, search “Jim Merrill” to narrow the results.
• All comments on the Wake Ed blog will now go through Facebook, per the newspaper’s policy. Find more aboutthe commenting policy here
Many thanks to the Under the Dome blog, which I copied from for the wording in this post.