The Wake County school board announced Tuesday new principals for eight schools and five interim principal appointments.
▪ Ritchie “Malik” Bazzell will become principal of Wakefield High School in North Raleigh, with a salary of $97,656. Bazzell has been principal of the East Wake School of Integrated Technology in Wendell since 2010.
▪ East Wake High School had been made up of four small schools but is being converted back to a consolidated campus. Bazzell is one of three East Wake small school principals who were reassigned Tuesday.
▪ Robert James will become principal of West Cary Middle School, with a salary of $75,395. He has been principal of the East Wake School of Arts, Education and Global Studies since 2013.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
James replaces Wanza Cole, who will become a director in intervention services in central office. She had been West Cary’s principal since 2007.
▪ Sebastian Shipp will go from being principal of East Wake School of Engineering Systems to an assistant principal at Millbrook High School in North Raleigh.
▪ Elizabeth MacWilliams will become principal of Carroll Middle School in Raleigh, with a salary of $81,065. She has been principal of Brassfield Elementary School in North Raleigh since 2011. Retired educator Michael Chappell will serve as Brassfield’s interim principal from July 1 to Aug. 28.
▪ Richard Williams was promoted from assistant principal of Davis Drive Middle School to principal of the Cary school. Williams, whose new salary is $81,592, has been at Davis Drive since 2007.
▪ Nikia Davis will become principal of East Cary Middle School, with a salary of $88,763. Davis has been an assistant principal at Holly Springs High School since 2009.
▪ Lacey Peckham will become principal of Martin Middle School in Raleigh, with a salary of $80,800. Peckham has been an assistant principal at Middle Creek High School in Apex since 2012 after previously holding a similar position at Martin.
▪ Jessica Burroughs will become principal of Banks Road Elementary School in Fuquay-Varina, with a salary of $81,316. Burroughs has been an assistant principal at East Garner Middle School since 2008.
▪ Danielle Clark will become principal of Holly Springs Elementary School, with a salary of $71,346. Clark has been assistant principal of Fuquay-Varina Elementary School since 2012.
▪ Roy Teel, a retired educator, will be interim principal of Wendell Middle School from July 1 to Aug. 28.
▪ Cathy Williams, a retired educator, will be interim principal of Zebulon Middle School from July 1 to Aug. 28.
▪ Vickie Brown, a retired educator, will be interim principal of Forestville Road Elementary School in Knightdale from July 6 to Aug. 30.
▪ Kenneth Branch’s contract as interim principal at Lead Mine Elementary School in North Raleigh has been extended to Aug. 28. Branch had been appointed Lead Mine’s interim lead principal in May to work with embattled Principal April Hill, who has since left for a job in central office.