Some related reading about the history of wars with Vietnam and Iraq:
- "A Better War: The Unexamined Victories and Final Tragedy of America's Last Years in Vietnam" by Lewis Sorley, Harvest Books, 2007.
- "Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq" by Thomas E. Ricks, Penguin, 2007.
- "Tale of Two Quagmires: Iraq, Vietnam, and the Hard Lessons of War" by Kenneth J. Campbell, Paradigm Publishers, 2007.
- "The Occupation of Iraq: Winning the War, Losing the Peace" by Ali A. Allawi, Yale University Press, 2007.
- "Is Iraq Another Vietnam?" by Robert K. Brigham, PublicAffairs, 2006.
- "War Trauma: Lessons Unlearned, From Vietnam to Iraq" by Raymond Monsour Scurfield, Algora Publishing, 2006.
- "The Iraq War: The Military Offensive, from Victory in 21 Days to the Insurgent Aftermath" by John Keegan, Vintage, 2005.
- "The Iraq War: A Military History" by Williamson Murray and Robert H. Scales Jr., Belknap Press, 2005.
- "Dereliction of Duty: Johnson, McNamara, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies That Led to Vietnam" by H.R. McMaster, Harper Perennial, 1998.
- "On Strategy: A Critical Analysis of the Vietnam War" by Harry G. Summers, Presidio Press, 1995.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer