The state struck a deal with GTECH Holdings of Rhode Island to operate the lottery games in North Carolina. A glance at what's covered in the seven-year deal:
* Scratch-off tickets: On sale by March 30.
* Powerball: On sale by May 30.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
WHAT GTECH GETS
* Commission: GTECH to be paid 1.5999 percent of ticket sales, estimated at $19 million in first year.
WHAT GTECH MUST DO
* Provide 5,000 terminals statewide by March 30 to handle instant game verification as well as pick 3, pick 4, pick 6 and Powerball games.
* Offer 2,000 video terminal lottery games, which are typically offered in restaurants and bars.
* Set up data center and support for regional offices statewide.
* Print, warehouse and distribute scratch-off tickets that let players know immediately whether they have won.
* Provide instant-ticket machines across the state.
N.C. EDUCATION LOTTERY