As stormy weather enters the Triangle, many of this weekend’s outdoor events are being moved inside, postponed or canceled altogether. The N&O compiled a list of a number of the scheduling shifts to assist with your weekend planning.
Wide Open Bluegrass
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Morrisville’s Movies in the Park has been cancelled.
▪ The Whole Hog Barbecue Championship in downtown Raleigh has been postponed. The Barbecue Experience Dinners planned for Friday and Saturday nights will still take place at the Raleigh Convention Center, Ballroom B. The championship will be rescheduled.
▪ All outdoor Fuquay-Varina Youth Sports and Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources activities have been canceled for this weekend. Indoor sports and activities are planned to follow a normal schedule as of Friday, Oct. 2.
▪ The First Friday opening reception and dog adoption event at the Block Gallery in downtown Raleigh has been postponed.
▪ Selma Railroad Days festival has been canceled and will not be rescheduled.
▪ The Neal Lancaster Four Oaks Bank Golf Tournament for the Johnston Community College Foundation has been postponed until Oct. 16.
▪ The Wendell Harvest Festival will be held inside at the Wendell Community Center, 601 W. Third St., Wendell. Friday activities begin at 4 p.m. The Switch will perform from 7 to 10 p.m.
▪ Cary’s fall litter sweep will be postponed to Saturday, Oct. 10. The same locations and times apply, and volunteers are still needed. Contact email@example.com.
▪ The Dynamic Baseball Showcase scheduled at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary Saturday and Sunday is canceled.
▪ Triangle Oktoberfest at Booth Amphitheatre is going on as scheduled Saturday and Sunday. There will be an oversized tent and ponchos available. Go to facebook.com/triangleoktoberfest for updates.
▪ The Holly Springs Farmers Market of Saturday, Oct. 4, has been canceled, as well as Bass Lake Day. The farmers market will close for the season on Saturday, Oct. 10.
▪ The Morrisville Fire/Rescue Department’s Fire Safety Day scheduled for today has been postponed to Saturday, Oct. 10.
▪ Apex’s screening of “The Avengers” for the Music & Movies in the Park series has been postponed to Saturday, Oct. 10.
▪ The Fall Arts Fair at Sertoma Arts Center in Raleigh has been moved to Nov. 14.
▪ The American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk at North Hills Mall in Raleigh, has been postponed to 9 a.m. on Oct. 17.
▪ The Durham Civil Rights History Mural Dedication Ceremony in downtown has been postponed. A new date will be announced once it has been selected by the event committee.
▪ The Alzheimer’s North Carolina Triangle Walk at Koka Booth Amphitheatre has been canceled. Visit the group’s Facebook page to participate in the Virtual Walk to be held in its place.
▪ The Wendell Harvest Festival parade has been canceled. Other Harvest Festival activities will be held at the Wendell Community Center from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Band of Oz will perform from 7-10 p.m.
▪ Indoor events planned for Garner Fireman’s Day will continue as scheduled. Food vendors and children’s games have been canceled. Fire officials have not yet made a decision on the parade, which is currently scheduled for 2 p.m.
▪ Triangle Land Conservancy’s BioBlitz at Brumley Forest has been rescheduled to Saturday, Oct. 17, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
▪ The Carolina Renaissance Festival will postpone the opening of its 8-weekend season to Sunday. Typically open rain or shine, the festival considers North Carolina’s declaration of a state of emergency a unique weather condition.
▪ Cary’s Chatham Street Chowdown food truck rodeo has been canceled.
▪ The Paint the Page event at the Page-Walker Arts & History Center, 119 Ambassador Loop in Cary, is still scheduled for 1-5 p.m. Go to the Friends of Page-Walker Hotel Facebook page for updates.
▪ The Festifall Arts Festival on West Franklin Street in Chapel Hill has been canceled.
▪ The Picnic with Lewis Barbecue from 1 to 5 p.m. has been moved from Durham’s Green Button Farm to Fullsteam Brewery, 726 Rigsbee Ave. Tickets are still available online at peatix.com/event/112928.