One of the beauties of Facebook is that your friends become editors for you, choosing among the endless stories, videos and websites and sharing things that you often wouldn’t have seen otherwise.
Here are five favorite things from my Facebook feed today:
1) A very interesting, simple theory from a pilot on the missing Malaysian airplane. “There has been a lot of speculation about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Terrorism, hijacking, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN; it’s almost disturbing. I tend to look for a simpler explanation, and I find it with the 13,000-foot runway at Pulau Langkawi.” Read the rest here.
2) Today’s fun with numbers. How many square feet of living space will $1 million buy you in various cities? In San Francisco, about 1,500. In Detroit? More than 80,000 – 80,000 square feet. Check it out here.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
3) Today’s tear-jerker: Some lovely women surprise their friend who is battling breast cancer by having a spa day – and shaving their heads in solidarity. She doesn’t know they’ve done it. Watch the video of her seeing their gift for the first time here.
4) Today’s star in the news (and not for being drunk or rude!): Candace Cameron Bure is a contestant now on “Dancing With the Stars.” The Christian mother of three says she won’t be prancing around the stage nearly naked and will opt for more modest attire. If you’ve ever seen the show, you realize more modest could mean one fewer inch of cut-to-the-belly-button cleavage, but I’m impressed with her stance. Read her reasons here.
5) On the political trail, former Raleigh Mayor Charles Meeker talks about his listening tour in Eastern North Carolina and about when he might decide whether to run for governor. Read it here.