The 2018 NBA Draft kicks off in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center. Duke's Marvin Bagley III was the first local player off the board, going No. 2 to Sacramento. Bagley was the 2017-18 ACC Rookie of the Year and the league's Player of the Year. Bagley was Duke's 43rd first-round selection and 24th lottery pick.
Bagley's Duke teammate Wendell Carter, Jr. went five picks later to the Bulls, and Boston College guard Jerome Robinson, who played at Boston College, went No. 13, making it three players with local ties to go in the lottery.
At pick No. 21, Grayson Allen, a teammate of Bagley and Carter at Duke, became the first senior selected.
- Marvin Bagley III, forward, picked No. 2 by the Sacramento Kings in NBA draft.
- Wendell Carter, Jr., forward, picked No. 7 by the Chicago Bulls in NBA draft.
- Jerome Robinson, forward, picked No. 13, by the Los Angeles Clippers in NBA draft.
- Grayson Allen, guard, picked No. 21 by the Utah Jazz in NBA draft.
- Devonte Graham, guard, picked No. 34 by the Atlanta Hawks in NBA draft, traded to Charlotte Hornets.
- Gary Trent, Jr., guard, picked No. 37 by Sacramento Kings in NBA draft, traded to Portland Trailblazers.