Bobcats vs. Warriors
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||16.7||4.2||G, S. Curry||22.5||4.2|
|G, G. Henderson||14.8||4.7||G, K. Thompson||20.9||3.4|
|F, TBD||F, H. Barnes||13.3||3.5|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.2||5.6||F, D. Lee||17.0||9.0|
|C, A. Jefferson||15.9||9.1||C, A. Bogut||7.5||9.2|
Matchup to Watch
Stephen Curry vs. Kemba Walker: The former Davidson star (and son of Bobcats broadcaster Dell) exploded nationally in the playoffs last season. This is the Warriors’ one game in Charlotte each season.
• Charlotte Bobcats small forward
missed most of practice Sunday with a heel injury. If Taylor can’t play,Anthony Tolliver
would likely get the start.
• It’s hard to find a more dynamic scoring backcourt in the NBA than Curry andKlay Thompson.
• Signing free agentAndre Iguodala
was a bold and smart move by the Warriors; they needed more defense and ballhandling. Iguodala will do both, but for now he’s out with a hamstring injury.
• You might not think of Vanderbilt as a hotbed for NBA players, but Taylor
and Golden State’sFestus Ezeli
got great pro-style coaching byKevin Stallings.
• The Warriors’David Lee
probably doesn’t get enough attention, relative to his contribution. He comes close to a 20-10 guy, which is not so common in the NBA.
• Bobcats reserve centerBismack Biyombo
missed Sunday’s practice after spraining an ankle Friday.
• The Warriors lead the NBA in 3-point percentage at 42.7 percent. Guarding the 3-point line is not a Bobcats strength.
• The Bobcats have held opponents under 100 points for 13 consecutive games. Points allowed isn’t necessarily the best measure of defense, but that’s a long time not to give up 100.
Did you know?
Bobcats center Al Jefferson is now on a string of four consecutive double-doubles. He was expensive at three years and $41 million, but this is what he was paid to deliver.