Bobcats vs. Magic
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||17.3||4.2||G, J. Nelson||11.9||3.3|
|G, G. Henderson||15.2||4.6||G, V. Oladipo||13.8||4.6|
|F, A. Tolliver||3.0||2.3||F, A. Affalo||22.1||4.6|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.4||5.8||F, A. Nicholson||9.6||5.1|
|C, A. Jefferson||15.5||9.1||C, G. Davis||13.3||5.6|
Matchup to Watch
Victor Oladipo vs. Gerald Henderson: The Magic sees a big part of its future in Oladipo’s intense, athletic qualities. Henderson is coming off a season-high 24-point game in a victory over the Golden State Warriors.
• The Magic’s long-term agenda is Oladipo might be most useful as a point guard. But that’s complex to manage whenJameer Nelson
, a valuable contributor who can still play, is one of the few remaining pieces from when the Magic was good.
• The Bobcats broke a 13-game streak of holding opponents under 100 points in the victory over the Golden State Warriors.
• Arron Afflalo is starting at small forward at 6-5. This figures to be a chance for the Bobcats to go small for long stretches if Jeff Taylor can’t play. Afflalo had all kinds of trouble guarding Henderson in the post last season.
• Taylor (inflamed heel) and centerBismack Biyombo
(sprained ankle) both practiced Tuesday. Their status for the Magic game will be decided after morning shootaround. Taylor appeared a lot closer to being well enough to play than Biyombo.
• The Magic is on a six-game losing streak following Monday’s loss in Memphis. CenterNik Vucevic
has missed four of those games with a sprained ankle.
• Bobcats average the fewest points in the NBA. The Magic allows the second-most. Something’s got to give.
Did you know?
• The Bobcats have a 7-2 record this season in games decided by six points or less.