Bobcats vs. Thunder
7 p.m., Time Warner Cable Arena
TV: SportSouth. Radio: WFNZ-AM 610
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
|Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg||Pos, Player||Ppg||Rpg|
|G, K. Walker||18.7||4.4||G, R. Westbrook||21.6||5.7|
|G, G. Henderson||14.7||4.7||G, T. Sefolosha||6.2||2.4|
|F, A. Tolliver||3.8||2.6||F, K. Durant||28.1||8.1|
|F, J. McRoberts||8.0||5.4||F, S. Ibaka||14.0||9.3|
|C, A. Jefferson||16.7||9.6||C, K. Perkins||2.9||3.6|
Matchup to Watch
Kevin Durant vs. Anthony Tolliver/Chris Douglas-Roberts: Losing small forwards Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Jeff Taylor would be rough no matter what, but matching up with Durant will be particularly challenging Friday night.
• Simplest illustration of how well the Thunder is playing these days: It beat the Spurs by 13 in San Antonio. It had 40 points in the second quarter of that game, the highest-scoring quarter of its season.
• This is an interesting and dangerous span in the Bobcats’ schedule. After a three-day break from games, they play tonight at home against maybe the best team in the Western Conference, then five on the road.
• The Bobcats clearly aren’t a great 3-point team, but they’ve been far better of late. They’ve had five games with eight or more 3s this season. Three of those were in the past five games.
• CoachSteve Clifford
said rookieCody Zeller
’s game Monday against the Milwaukee Bucks – 12 points on 6-of-12 shooting, seven rebounds and four assists – was his best to date.
• Tolliver made all four of his shots versus the Bucks – all 3s.
• The Bobcats have been over .500 after Christmas in only one season – 2009-10, when they finished 44-38 and went to the playoffs. They didn’t hit .500 until Jan. 16 that season (19-19). A win tonight would even the Bobcats’ record at 15-15.
Did you know?
The Thunder’s 23-4 start (tied for best in the NBA) is the franchise’s best since leaving Seattle for Oklahoma.