• Seven Bobcats fans seated along the front row Tuesday all wore the same T-shirt: A picture of Carmelo Anthony with his quote from this season: “We are the laughingstocks of the league right now. It’s nothing to hide. We are.”
Yes, Melo saw the T-shirts and interacted with those wearing. Funny stuff.
• Bobcats coach Steve Clifford said he hopes Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, just back from a broken hand, is up to playing 26 to 28 minutes a night this week. The Bobcats will play four games in five nights.
• Kidd-Gilchrist said Monday that not playing the past six weeks taught him never to take basketball for granted. He played that way during the first half, with an energy this team has badly lacked lately.
• The Bobcats cleaned up their rebounding problem from three nights earlier. After giving up a season-high 23 second-chance points to the Chicago Bulls, they allowed the Knicks just two points off offensive rebounds during the first half Tuesday.
• Ex-Bobcat Tyson Chandler started for the Knicks after missing several games with bronchitis. Chandler certainly looked rusty with two points and one rebound in 13 first-half minutes.