• Whether point guard Kemba Walker is able to practice in Los Angeles Thursday, and how he’d react to that first practice since spraining his left ankle Jan. 18, could say a lot about Walker’s availability the rest of this West Coast trip.
Walker did some running and shooting at the Bobcats’ practice in Denver Tuesday, but he has yet to scrimmage. If things go well Thursday, he might play against the Lakers Friday or the Phoenix Suns Saturday.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• The Bobcats took 14 free throws Wednesday before the Nuggets took any. Free-throw attempts are a huge factor for the Bobcats this season because of their offensive limitations. They’ve taken more free throws than their opponents in 18 of 19 victories entering this trip.
• I’ve always thought the last big step in the evolution of a low-post scorer is becoming adept at reading and punishing double-teams. Al Jefferson is a dramatically better passer than he was just two years ago.
• I love how well Josh McRoberts passes, but some of those behind-the-back ones in traffic are too cute to be efficient.
• Sure feels like it’s been a while since Gerald Henderson had an efficient scoring game.