• Note to Charlotte Bobcats game-day staff: It might be time to stop encouraging the crowd to do the wave. Not enough fans into it, and it looked lame Saturday.
• Nice tip-of-the-cap by the Bobcats to Carl Scheer, the Hornets’ first general manager, during a timeout.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• The irony of Bobcats fans booing Boris Diaw is it falls on deaf ears. The thing that got Diaw sideways with coaches here was his indifference; He couldn’t care less whether you like him or not.
• For a guy who is reputed as a defensive liability, Bobcats center Al Jefferson sure messed up Spurs star Tim Duncan early. Duncan had four first-quarter turnovers. At least three involved Jefferson strips.
• The Bobcats are going to honor six-time Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson during Tuesday’s home game against the Dallas Mavericks.
• The Bobcats gave out Dell Curry bobbleheads Saturday as part of the Buzz City run-up to the Hornets name change. Stephen Curry had some fun with that on Twitter Friday night, saying while he appreciated “Pops” being honored, he didn’t recognize the face on that bobblehead. Funny stuff.