• I asked Charlotte Bobcats coach Steve Clifford after Friday’s game how he thought new point guard Luke Ridnour was doing. Clifford said he thought Ridnour was rusty from inactivity as a Milwaukee Buck. Presumably if that’s so, his play will pick up. For now, he’s struggling to create shots for teammates.
• It seems odd that this was the last road game this season against a Western Conference opponent. Hopefully that’s helpful to the Bobcats, as far as wearing travel the rest of the season.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
• Chris Douglas-Roberts has played well in these fill-in starts, certainly well enough that he should have earned steady minutes off the bench once Gerald Henderson is back from a calf strain. Henderson was well enough to put up some shots before Saturday’s game.
• Speaking of rehab, Jeff Taylor – out for the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon – is traveling with the team and has been cleared to do some shooting.
• Creative thinking by Josh McRoberts when he was trapped in the third quarter to launch the ball at the backboard, grab in his own “miss” and put it back for a layup.