• Shooting guard Gerald Henderson missed his fifth straight game with a right calf strain. Before the game coach Steve Clifford said he’s hopeful Henderson can practice Tuesday. Assuming that went well, Henderson could return Wednesday against the Wizards in Washington.
• The crowd was pretty sparse. The Bobcats don’t draw so well on week nights, particularly early week. They play will home games each of the next three Mondays.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The News & Observer
• I get Clifford’s point that Luke Ridnour deserves time to work off the rust of sitting with the Milwaukee Bucks. But I still wonder if/when Jannero Pargo starts playing meaningful minutes.
• Al Jefferson was called for a three-second violation during the first half Monday. As deliberate as his post moves can be, I don’t remember him getting one previously this season.
• For the Bobcats to have any realistic chance to rise to sixth in the Eastern Conference, I would think they need to do well the rest of the season against the Wizards. They have three meetings left.
• Nuggets center Timofey Mozgov took a seat eight minutes into this game, with Jefferson having scored nine points. I wonder if Mozgov had a dizzy spell.