• This game demonstrated how tough it is for the Bobcats to draw a crowd just about any Monday night. The playoff implications didn’t exactly drag people in off the street.
• Wizards coach Randy Wittman clearly trusts his bench. Four of the five Washington starters didn’t play at all in the second quarter when the Wizards made their big run. Only one who did – shooting guard Bradley Beal.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• I’d say the Bobcats’ schedule eases up from here, but after Friday in Orlando, I’m not sure exactly what that’s worth.
• The Bobcats got back Gary Neal, who had missed the past two games with ankle and knee injuries. The way Charlotte’s bench struggles to score, he’s a pretty important part of this team.
• I’m not generally big on replica jerseys, but the guy with the Michael Jordan Bullets jersey was well decked out.
• That was one great, big bandage above Al Jefferson’s right eye after he needed seven stitches to close a wound in the first half.