As the Carolina Hurricanes enter the Conference Finals against the Boston Bruins on Thursday night, it’s time for all of us to get serious about watching some hockey.
Here’s all the info you need to watch the Conference Finals games, which will air either on NBC Sports Network or on NBC.
Game 1 of the Conference Finals is 8 p.m. Thursday, May 9, on NBCSN, and it’ll take place in Boston. Game 2 is set for 3 p.m. Sunday on NBC. Games 3 and 4, which take place in Raleigh, air at 8 p.m. each night on NBCSN. Game 5 (in Boston) is set to air at 7:15 Saturday, May 18, on NBC. If necessary, Game 6 is May 20 at 8 p.m. on NBCSN and Game 7 would be May 22 at 8 p.m. on NBCSN.
If you want the company of other Canes fans, the Carolina Ale House in downtown Raleigh hosts watch parties large enough to require the closure of a block of Glenwood Avenue near the restaurant.
Glenwood will be closed starting at 1 p.m. Sunday between Tucker and West Johnston streets.
If you prefer the comfort of your own couch, here’s how to find it on-screen.
And also, Go Canes!!
Find the NBCSN channel on cable
For the most part, if you have cable or satellite, you may have NBC Sports Network as part of your package. In the Raleigh area, this is how you’ll find it:
▪ If you have Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable), it’s channel 65 or 314.
▪ If you have AT&T U-verse, it’s channel 640.
▪ If you have Google Fiber TV, it’s channel 203.
▪ If you have Dish Network, it’s channel 159.
▪ If you have DirecTV, it’s channel 220.
How to stream the NHL Conference Finals
There are several ways to stream the NHL Conference Final and Final games, but none of the options seem to be totally free.
NBC Sports app: You can stream the games on the NBC Sports app, which is available for all systems (Apple, Google Play, Windows). You will need to authenticate your app, which means you’ll need to sign in with a username and password from your cable/satellite account (your package must include NBC Sports Network). Also, sometimes the streaming services listed below will come with log-in privileges for these apps.
NBC.com: It’s the same deal if you want to stream the game on the NBC site (nbcsports.com). According to the NBC Sports FAQ, access to live streaming on their site also requires password authentication.
Other streaming services: The good news is you can get the NBC Sports Network on all of the popular streaming services. Here’s a rundown of popular streaming services if you don’t already have one, and please note that all of these allow for free trials. Check the websites to compare costs. Most of these services are available to stream through Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast and Amazon Fire devices (meaning you can watch them on your TV), as well as Android and iOS apps, so you can watch on your phone or tablet.
▪ YouTube TV: YouTube TV includes NBC Sports Network. Info: tv.youtube.com .
▪ Hulu + Live TV: Hulu Live TV (not the same as regular Hulu) has the NBC Sports Network. Info: hulu.com/live-tv.
▪ DirecTV Now: DirecTV Now (not the same as DirecTV satellite service) has the NBC Sports Network. Info: directvnow.com.
▪ Playstation Vue: Vue has the NBC Sports Network. Info: playstation.com/en-us/network/vue.
▪ Sling: Sling also has the NBC Sports Network. Info: sling.com.
▪ Fubo.TV: FuboTV has the NBC Sports Network. Info: fubo.tv.