Artist Studios at Fearrington Village
Fearrington Village, Pittsboro.
▪ Studio Tour: 18 village artists will open their studios, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. April 9, noon-5 p.m. April 10. PreView reception Sunday, 7-9 p.m. April 3, The Barn at Fearrington, works by each artist on the tour
409 W. Martin St. $5; free on First Fridays.
▪ Through May 8: “Phil America: Failure of the American Dream”: Exhibition featuring video and installation created in 2014 by Phil America while he lived in a tent city near Silicon Valley in San Jose, Calif.
▪ March 3-June 18: “The Ease of Fiction”: Works by four African-born artists living in the U.S.: ruby onyinyechi amanze, Meleko Mokgosi, Duhirwe Rushemeza, and Sherin Guriguis. First Friday reception 6-10 p.m. March 4.
N.C. Musuem of Art
2110 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh
▪ Through March 20: Chisel and Forge: Works by Peter Oakley and Elizabeth Brim
▪ March 19-June 19: American Impressionist: Childe Hassam and the Isles of Shoals
▪ April 7-10: Art in Bloom
2001 Campus Drive, Durham
▪ Burk Uzzle: Southern Landscapes. May 28-Sept. 18.
Eyes on Main Street
▪ Six blocks of Nash Street, the main street in Wilson, will be transformed into a gallery featuring 100 large-scale photogarphs from 100 photographers from 29 countries. April 9-July 10. 252-243-8440; www.eyesonmainsgtreetwilson.com
N.C. Artists Exhibition
▪ March 6-April 28, Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts. Juror lecture and awards ceremony, 4 p.m., March 6, with Bradley Sumrall, Chief Curator and Collections Manager of the Ogden Museum of Southern Art in New Orleans. Exhibition in the Betty McCain Gallery. Sponsored by Raleigh Fine Arts Society. www.raleighfinearts.org
N.C. Museum of History
5 E. Edenton St., Raleigh.
▪ First Folio! The Book That Gave Us Shakespeare: The 1623 First Folio of William Shakespeare on a national tour from the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C. May 7-May 30.
N.C. Quilt Symposium
▪ “Quilting with the Stars”: Quilt show, classes and lectures, hosted by the Capital Quilters Guild of Raleigh,and the North Carolina Quilt Symposium, June 2-5, William Peace University, Raleigh. www.ncqsi.org