Take a craft class at N.C. State
The Crafts Center at N.C. State, which offers classes to the public, has opened registration to the public for the spring semester. Some classes with available spots include:
▪ Screenprinting, every Wednesday, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Jan. 27-March 2. Cost: $100.
▪ Origami, every Thursday, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Feb. 11-March 3. Cost: $67.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Acrylic Painting II, every Monday, 6:30-9:30 p.m. March 14-April 18. Cost: $100.
▪ Handmade Books, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. March 19-20. Cost: $67.
▪ Colorful Card Making, 6:30-9:30 p.m. April 8. Cost: $17.
▪ Clay Birdhouses, every Monday, 6:30-9:30 p.m. Jan. 25-Feb. 29. Cost: $100.
▪ Gourd Birdhouses, 6:30-9 p.m. Jan. 25 and Feb. 1. Cost: $28.
▪ Beginning Knitting, every Tuesday, 6:30-9 p.m. Jan. 26-Feb. 23. Cost: $70.
Supplies can be an additional cost.
The center is at 210 Jensen Drive, Raleigh.
Info: 919-515-2457, ncsu.edu/crafts.
Glenwood South Christmas Market on Saturday
Glenwood South Christmas Market will be 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 19 behind the Raleigh Beer Garden in its new event space.
The event includes more than 30 artisans and vendors selling ceramics, clothing, artwork, metal and woodwork.
The Raleigh Beer Garden is at 614 Glenwood Ave.
Recycle your Christmas tree into mulch for parks
Your Christmas tree could mulch trails at Wake County parks.
Drop off those trees at designated locations Dec. 26-Jan. 24.
Those locations include these Wake County Convenience Centers, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. daily: 10505 Old Stage Road, Garner; 6025 Old Smithfield Road, Apex; 3600 Yates Mill Pond Road, Raleigh; and 5051 Wendell Blvd., Wendell.
Or you can take the tree to these county parks, 8 a.m.-sunset daily: Blue Jay Point County Park, 3200 Pleasant Union Church Road, Raleigh; Harris Lake County Park, 2112 County Park Drive, New Hill; Lake Crabtree County Park, 1400 Aviation Parkway, Morrisville; and North Wake Landfill District Park, 9300 Deponie Drive, Raleigh.
Save the date: Seed exchange
The Gardeners of Wake County will offer a seed exchange at 7:30 p.m. Jan. 19 at the JC Raulston Arboretum in Raleigh. Bring seeds to share if you have them, but feel free to come anyway, even if you don’t.
Refreshments will be served at 7 p.m., and program starts at 7:30 p.m.
Let’s try again: You can win a ‘Kinfolk’ book
This giveaway is now posted at the top of the N&O’s Lifestyles Facebook page.
Enter to win a copy of “The Kinfolk Home: Interiors for Slow Living,” by Nathan Williams. To enter, you must go to the N&O Lifestyles Facebook page, “like” the page and leave a comment on the post before midnight Dec. 31.
We’ll choose a winner at random. Good luck.