Wake County is recognizing the top principals and assistant principals in North Carolina’s largest school district.
On Monday, the Wake County school system announced its five finalists for 2019-20 Principal of the Year award. They are:
▪ Elena Asburn of Broughton High School in Raleigh;
▪ Gretta Dula of Ligon Middle School in Raleigh;
▪ Bob Grant of Washington Elementary School in Raleigh;
▪ Ruth Steidinger of Olive Chapel Elementary School in Apex;
▪ Annice Williams of Poe Elementary School in Raleigh.
Wake also announced its five finalists for 2019-20 Assistant Principal of the Year award. They are:
▪ Leslie Blake of Millbrook Elementary School in Raleigh;
▪ Catie Burnette of Hilburn Academy in Raleigh;
▪ Kenya Moore-Kerr of Vandora Springs Elementary School in Garner;
▪ Dena Nealy of East Millbrook Middle School in Raleigh;
▪ Monica Sawyer of Enloe High School in Raleigh.
The semi-finalists and finalists were selected by the district’s principals and assistant principals. The finalists will be reviewed with the ones receiving the highest scores announced Oct. 3.