1. Florida State (1-0): Everett Golson threw for 302 yards and four TDs but the best sign for FSU was no turnovers.
2. Georgia Tech (1-0): Actually felt bad for Alcorn State on Thursday night, that wasn’t fair.
3. Clemson (1-0): Every time Deshaun Watson runs, Dabo Swinney stars in his own sequel to “Waiting to Exhale.”
4. Virginia Tech (0-0): To be the man, you’ve got to beat the man … and Wake Forest, too.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
5. N.C. State (1-0): Smooth start for the Wolfpack, but the real work doesn’t begin for another three weeks.
6. Louisville (0-1): Bobby Petrino might have something in frosh QB Lamar Jackson.
7. Duke (1-0): Just completely out-classed Tulane in every possible way.
8. Miami (1-0): Maligned defense holds Bethune-Cookman to 79 yards on 46 plays.
9. UNC (0-1): Bench Marquise! Fire Fedora! Deep breaths and step away from the panic button. The Heels will be fine.
10. Pitt (1-0): Uneasy debut for Pat Narduzzi but the result is all that counts.
11. Boston College (1-0): The Eagles are going to miss Tyler Murphy.
12. Virginia (0-1): Smart school, dumb schedule.
13. Wake Forest (1-0): Smart school, smart schedule.
14. Syracuse (1-0): Terrel Hunt’s luck and Scott Shafer’s recruiting are a bad combination.