The Carolina Hurricanes' return to Boston for a playoff series has evoked many reminiscences of their days as the Hartford Whalers, when they went 0-2 against the Bruins in the postseason.
Four players from the final team in Hartford (in the 1996-97 season) are still playing professionally, and another handful retired after last season, including Geoff Sanderson and Glen Wesley.
5. Nolan Pratt -- Moved to Russia to play for Khabarovsk Amur in the KHL after playing for the Bruins in 2007-08.
4. Jean-Sebastien Giguere -- Won the Conn Smythe as playoff MVP in 2003 and the Stanley Cup in 2007, but lost his job to Jonas Hiller this season.
Never miss a local story.
3. Sami Kapanen -- Left the Philadelphia Flyers after last season to return to his native Finland and play for KalPa, the pro team he owns there.
2. Marek Malik -- Now with his fourth NHL club, the gargantuan defenseman continues to prove his critics wrong.
1. Brendan Shanahan -- The Canes knocked his New Jersey Devils out of the playoffs -- and knocked one of his false teeth out in Game 6.