Krispy Kreme challenge raises $190,000 for UNC Children’s Hospital
Toting in a box of doughnuts is a special form of workplace heroism. There may be no better day than Friday for the office heroes out there.
Friday, June 7 is National Doughnut Day, a holiday celebrating the intersection of sugar and fry. Be they yeast or cake, classic or filled, there is no more beloved breakfast pastry. National Doughnut Day is held each year the first Friday in June.
Here are the local deals to be had in the Triangle, surely tempting regional allegiances and tastes.
▪ Burney’s Sweets & More: 4500 Falls of Neuse Road, Suite 100, Raleigh. This relatively new sweetshop will give away a free glazed doughnut or glazed croissant. Customers can enter to win free croissants for a year. facebook.com/BurneysofRaleigh
▪ Daylight Donuts: 7550-101 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh. Customers can get a free doughnut with the purchase of a drink. There will be a drawing to win free doughnuts for a year. daylightdonutsraleigh.com
▪ Dunkin’ (formerly Dunkin’ Donuts): Multiple locations. Get a free classic doughnut with the purchase of a drink.
▪ Krispy Kreme: Multiple locations. Get a free doughnut, no purchase necessary. If 1 million people nationwide stop in and get a free doughnut, Krispy Kreme will give away a new flavored doughnut later this month.
▪ Walmart: Multiple locations. The superstore is giving away 1.2 million doughnuts. Go to the store’s bakery section.