Bomb threat on NC State campus not credible, officials say. Police investigating source
A bomb threat made against N.C. State University late Monday night was found not credible, the university says.
A campus security alert had previously said a threat was received around 11:15 p.m. and targeted an unidentified university data center.
University Police were notified Tuesday morning, and the alert was sent at 9:33 a.m.
Mick Kulikowski, a university spokesperson, said police have determined the threat was not credible and there is no ongoing danger to the campus.
Police are still investigating the source of the threat and asked those with information to call 919-515-3000.
The Technician, a student newspaper at N.C. State, reported University Police had previously closed a section of Hillsborough Street, from Pogue Street to Gardner Street.
It’s at least the second false threat in recent months, after a campus residence hall was evacuated in August while police investigated a bomb threat that “appear[ed] to be a hoax,” The News & Observer previously reported.
BEHIND THE STORY
MOREThis is a breaking news story
In a breaking news situation, facts may be unclear and details may change as the story develops. Our reporters are working to get information as quickly and accurately as possible. This story may be updated as more information becomes available. Refresh this page for the most up-to-date report.
This story was originally published October 19, 2021 at 11:14 AM.