The first PrepsNow 20-county area girls tennis rankings are in the books.
NCHSAA 4A champion Green Hope went wire-to-wire as the No. 1 team.
Durham Academy and St. David's claimed NCISAA titles. Raleigh Charter won the NCHSAA 1A title and East Chapel Hill was runner-up in 3A.
PrepsNow Girls Tennis Top 25 Rankings
1. Green Hope (Rec: 17-0. Last week: 1)
Notable: Won 4A state championship, Triangle 6 champs.
2. Cardinal Gibbons (Rec: 22-3. Last week: 4)
Notable: Reached third round of 4A playoffs before falling to Green Hope.
3. St. David’s (Rec: 22-1. Last week: 2)
Notable: Won NCISAA 2A championship for the sixth year in a row, only loss was a 5-4 match to Cardinal Gibbons.
4. Sanderson (Rec: 18-3. Last week: 5)
Notable: Reached the 4A East final, only losses came to Green Hope and Gibbons.
5. Durham Academy (Rec: 20-2. Last week: 6)
Notable: NCISAA 3A champs, only losses came to Gibbons and St. David's.
6. Cary Academy (Rec: 16-6. Last week: 7)
Notable: NCISAA 3A runner-up, five in-state losses came to Gibbons, St. David's and Durham Academy.
7. East Chapel Hill (Rec: 21-3. Last week: 3)
Notable: 3A runner-up, owns a 5-4 win over Cardinal Gibbons, only losses came in title match and to Durham Academy and Cary Academy.
8. Enloe (Rec: 13-5. Last week: 8)
Notable: Finished third in the Cap-7 Conference, fell in second round of 4A playoffs to Hoggard.
9. Leesville Road (Rec: 9-6. Last week: 9)
Notable: Finished fourth in the Cap-7 Conference, had 5-4 losses to Sanderson and Enloe.
10. Panther Creek (Rec: 10-4. Last week: 10)
Notable: Only losses came to Green Hope, Leesville Road and Gibbons.
11. Raleigh Charter (Rec: 15-0. Last week: 12)
Notable: Back-to-back 1A state champions, Central Tar Heel Conference champs.
12. Fike (Rec: 18-1. Last week: 13)
Notable: Big East 3A Conference champions, fell in the second round of the 3A playoffs to New Hanover.
13. Broughton (Rec: 6-8. Last week: 14)
Notable: Finished fifth in the Cap-7 Conference, lost 5-4 four times combined to Enloe and Leesville Road.
14. Apex (Rec: 11-3. Last week: 15)
Notable: South Wake Athletic Conference champs, lost to Panther Creek, Green Hope and Broughton.
15. Pinecrest (Rec: 16-3. Last week: 16)
Notable: Sandhills Athletic Conference champs, lost to Gibbons twice and Sanderson once.
16. Jordan-Matthews (Rec: 15-2. Last week: 18)
Notable: Fell in first round of the 2A playoffs to eventual champ Salisbury, PAC-7 Conference champs.
17. Union Pines (Rec: 13-2. Last week: 19)
Notable: Tri-County 6 Conference champs, reached third round of 3A playoffs, only losses were to Jordan-Matthews and East Chapel Hill.
18. Rocky Mount (Rec: 11-3. Last week: 17)
Notable: Reached third round of the 3A playoffs before falling to New Hanover, only losses are to Fike and New Hanover.
19. Chapel Hill (Rec: 15-3. Last week: 20)
Notable: Fell in first round of the 3A playoffs to Terry Sanford, also lost twice to East Chapel Hill.
20. Clayton (Rec: 17-1. Last week: 21)
Notable: Greater Neuse River Conference champs,
21. N.C. School of Science & Math (Rec: 14-1. Last week: 11)
Notable: Fell in the third round of the 2A playoffs, Mid-State 2A Conference champs.
22. Greene Central (Rec: 19-2. Last week: 22)
Notable: Eastern Carolina 2A Conference champs, fell in the third round of the 2A playoffs, only losses were to First Flight and Fike.
23. North Johnston (Rec: 18-3. Last week: 23)
Notable: Fell in the second round of the 2A playoffs, only losses were to Clayton, Greene Central and Bartlett Yancey.
24. Franklin Academy (Rec: 15-1. Last week: 25)
Notable: Fell in the second round of the 1A playoffs to Raleigh Charter, North Central Athletic Conference champs.
25. Chatham Central (Rec: 12-4. Last week: 24)
Notable: Fell in the third round of the 1A playoffs, three of four losses were to Raleigh Charter, another was to Jordan-Matthews.
Falling out: None.
Eligible counties: Chatham, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Granville, Greene, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Lenoir, Moore, Nash, Orange, Person, Pitt, Vance, Wake, Warren, Wayne and Wilson.